Services And Assistance
What services does Care & Repair cover?
The North Ayrshire Care & Repair service offers the following:-
- Provision of advice and information services
- Oversees the installation of disabled bathing adaptations (level access showers)
- Small repairs service which will assist with various repairs required to improve your safety and security at home. Repairs are free of charge up to the value of £100 (including VAT).
- Home security audit to include installation of locks, lights etc. (free of charge)
- Home safety audit mainly to identify and address fall and trip hazards (free of charge)
- Information about benefits entitlement and assistance with completing applications.
- Central heating, loft and cavity insulation, energy tariff checks with referrals to Energy Saving Trust
- Assessment for the installation of handrails and banisters
- Referral for fire safety audit carried out by Strathclyde Fire & Rescue and includes the installation of a 10 year lithium battery smoke detector (free of charge)
How Can Care & Repair Staff Assist?
- We will visit you to discuss your needs and give you information and advice on a wide range of issues.
- We can offer assistance in obtaining estimates for any repair work required
- We can act on your behalf to organise and oversee any works required
- We can put you in contact with our partners who can provide information and assistance on home security, home care and health issues
- Our Care & Repair staff can offer support at all times
How can we help you?
If you are over 65 and are a home owner or private sector tenant who requires advice or assistance, please contact the North Ayrshire Care & Repair Service at Cunninghame Housing Association, 82-84 Glasgow Street, Ardrossan.
Our Freephone telephone number is 0800 068 1464
Our Care & Repair staff will be happy to talk over your needs and discuss the options available to you and how we can help.